On 2008-11-06 Anton Britz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a) What is Mr. Goldberg trying to achieve ., Sales for CA or
> sensation/hysteria
> b) What lists are you cross posting too
> c) How much money are you getting for the information we will provide you
> d) How long have you been in the Mainframe World and how long have you
> tried to make a buck, writing "Airport" type articles
> e) How many times have you tried to do surveys on public lists and do you
> feel , this works for you
> f) How many articles have you written, based on the feedback you get on
> open lists and "open sources"
>
> Note: Lets act our age, in handling these issues, I think..

Indeed. Gabe Goldberg is a highly reputable technical person who was
in the mainframe business for decades, has worked at IBM and other
major mainframe using organizations, was involved with SHARE for many
years, and has written many technical and survey articles and
contributed to at least a couple of textbooks. I imagine he's getting
some pocket money for writing an article, but I am quite sure it won't
be sensational or hysterical, and that he is not collecting this
information for any nefarious purposes.

Tony H.