Ray

Well, perhaps I should have left well alone - not to be hoist with my own
petard!

It turns out that I misunderstood what the MVS System Codes manual meant
by "The system" when it said "Explanation: The system detected an internal
error. System Action: The system ends subcommand processing." I guessed -
how remiss[1]. Checking a little bit further - the curse of still having a
little
time on my hands waiting for a colleague to finish some urgent work[2] - I
noticed that there were other codes leading up to code 999, that is 998, 997
etc., in the ISPF Messages and Codes manual but there were none of these in
the MVS System Codes. It turns out that code 999 as reported in the MVS
System Codes manual refers to the IPCS component - nothing whatsoever to
do with any old product like ISPF.  Ho-hum!

Chris Mason

[1] The late actor Ian Richardson played the part of Dr Bell in a dramatisation
of Doyle early life. I can imagine the stare I would now receive so to have
strayed!

[2] It seems there's a holiday in the US tomorrow so some tests have to be
done now.