From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Jim McAlpine
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Fwd: storing a PDF file in DB2 for z/OS

Sorry, there was a typo in the title.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim McAlpine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Subject: string a PDF file in DB2 for z/OS
To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <ibm-main@bama.ua.edu>

We are looking at storing PDF files as DB2 BLOB data and I have some info on
the COBOL programming aspect from a DB2 redbook.  However we first have to
get the PDF file stored in an MVS dataset.  Obviously we can FTP the file
but what would the attributes of the MVS dataset look like.  Has anyone done
this already.

Jim McAlpine