From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: "The Register" article on HP replacing z

Concur. When I read the article my 'male bovine excrement' alarms went
off. It is clearly (to me, anyway) based on facts as perceived by HP
marketing.

And we all know how marketing perceives and conveys 'facts' ;-)

As would most Inquiring Minds, I'd like to know the reality. But I doubt
that's going to happen any time soon.

PS: I find The Register to be pretty much what it claims to be. With
that in mind, its credibility rates somewhat above a typical US
politico, way above a typical software salesperson, but well below the
collective wisdom of this august group :-)