Ron Thomas wrote:

>Could some one please help me in this in this , I need a Rexx routine to be
executed in the job so that that the file will be created for eg
Userid.abc ie the userid should be appended before the file name.

You are on IBM-MAIN, a discussion list about z/OS. We're not talking about
files, but about data sets. REXX is used for example in a TSO environment.

If the userid is the same as the id who is executing the REXX program:

You should read up in TSO/E REXX Reference about the built-in
function userid().

If you are using another id, read up about concatenating variables.

NAME = "abc.inv.rpt"
ID      = "ID123"

So you probably wanted something like this:

RESULT = ID||"."||NAME

>PUT “abc.inv.rpt” userid.txt

PUT is a command for Session Manager. At least for TSO REXX.

>Close

Close what? :)

HTH!

Groete / Greetings