Wonderful tool, Strobe.

We've discovered among our "ancient" production code a COBOL program
that constructs VSAM KSDS record keys of date/time with one-second
granularity.  As we've installed newer, faster machines over the years,
the COBOL program tended to generate more and more "duplicate keys",
which VSAM dislikes rather intensely.  Since initially there did not
seem to be a batch equivalent to EXEC CICS DELAY, the "programmer du
jour" coded a spin loop within the program to make it "watch the clock"
waiting for the next second to arrive.  It spins real fast on a z9-EC.

Is there a way within COBOL to set a timer to "pop" a second later, and
have the program just WAIT on it?  Or is this a potential "opportunity"
for me to grind the rust off my atrophied Assembler skills and cobble up
a "delay" routine the COBOL program could call?

TIA,

    -jc-