From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Howard Rifkind
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 5:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: GDG QUESTION

Hello all,

I'm having problems with a GDG definition/datasets.

I use the following JCL to set the GDG up:

//DEFGDG   EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD  *
  DEF GDG(NAME('PCYC.TMVHSTM.TMVS04.IRR')
      LIMIT(05) SCRATCH) -
      CATALOG(PCAT.APPL)
/*

The job runs and has an RC=0

It is appearing on the 3.4 display as:

PCYC.TMVHSTM.TMVS01.IRR                                        ??????

The executing job has the following DD in the JCL:

DUMPIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PCYC.TMVHSTM.TMVS01.IRR
and the resulting error is:

IEF212I E18823X PST0010 STEP01 DUMPIN - DATA SET NOT FOUND

Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong?  It's some thing but I just
can't see the problem.

thanks...

_____________
LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may
be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents
of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is
unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please
inform the sender immediately, then delete this message and empty from
your trash.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html