From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Terry Sambrooks
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: GDG QUESTION

Hi Howard,

I noted that Linda supplied the required answer to your query about:

"The executing job has the following DD in the JCL:

DUMPIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PCYC.TMVHSTM.TMVS04.IRR
and the resulting error is:

IEF212I E18823X PST0010 STEP01 DUMPIN - DATA SET NOT FOUND

Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong?  It's some thing but I just
can't
see the problem."

I WOULD ADD however that your DD statement above is valid if the GDG has
associated data sets. Simply coding the base entry name on a DD
statement is
a means of processing ALL the generations of a GDG without resorting to
concatenated DD statements for each generation.

Kind regards - Terry

Terry Sambrooks
Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore, Sheffield, S17 3LA, UK

Tel: +44 (0)114 262 0933
WEB: www.legac-e.co.uk

Company Reg: 3767263 at the above address

All outgoing E-mail is scanned, but it remains the recipient's
responsibility to ensure their system is protected from spy-ware,
trojans,
viruses, and worms.