Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM wrote:
[...]
Mainview displays 2 numbers for an LPAR: "the number of the logical
partition" and "the customer defined MIF image ID number". I remember we
had a similar numbers confusion and corrected this by setting both
values equal. I am not sure where: in HCD or on the HMC.

D M=CPU show both numbers as well. See bottom of the output.
Both numbers can be equal only if using single CSS, and single CSS allows only (only?) 15 LPARs. For more LPARs or even not more, but >1 CSS you have to duplicate MIF ID.
My $0.02

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2008 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA  wynosi
118.642.672 zote i zosta w caoci wpacony.