This is the first time that I have had to update the IODF and IOCDS under
z/OS 1.7.

After activating the IODF I activate the IOCDS and it failes with the
following messages

ACTIVATE ACTIOCDS=A2
IEF196I IEF237I 6001 ALLOCATED TO SYS00006
IEF196I IEF237I 6001 ALLOCATED TO SYS00007
IEF196I IEF285I   IODF.IODF02                                  KEPT
IEF196I IEF285I   VOL SER NOS= ESCATA.
IEF196I IEF285I   IODF.IODF02                                  KEPT
IEF196I IEF285I   VOL SER NOS= ESCATA.
IOS500I ACTIVATE RESULTS 692
ACTIVATE FAILED - ERROR MESSAGE(S) ISSUED
NOTE = A821,PROCESSOR DEFINITION WENDYS IN CURRENTLY ACTIVE IODF
            IODF.IODF02 DOES NOT MATCH CURRENT HARDWARE DEFINITION,
            H/W AND S/W ARE OUT OF SYNC.
 COMPID=SC1XL
REASON=A828,KEYWORD ACTIOCDS NOT ALLOWED, ONLY SOFTWARE CHANGES ARE
            POSSIBLE.
 COMPID=SC1XL
REASON=A819,ONLY SOFTWARE CHANGES ARE ALLOWED, SPECIFY SOFT FOR
            CONFIRMATION.
 COMPID=SC1XL

I am at a complete loss. I use a batch job to build the IODF and IOCDS.

I can send the listing from my job offline if you want to take a look at
it.

Thanks