An S013 abend usually indicates writing to a data set that was not allocated

Explanation:  The error occurred during processing of an OPEN macro
instruction. This system completion code is accompanied by message
IEC141I. Refer to the explanation of message IEC141I for complete
information about the task that was ended and for an explanation of the
return code in register 15 (which is provided in the IEC141I message
text).

Can you post your entire stream where the error occurs?  Or look in SYSLOG to
see if you can find an IEC141i message.

I do not see the connection between an S013 and your IF/THEN/ELSE statements.

Lizette