We just had a problem were one of our Storage Admins was initializing
volumes.  He issued a route to all of our systems to vary the devices off, but
did not check to ensure that the volumes was offline to all systems.  One
volume went pending becuase there was a dataset online to CICS.  He
completed the initialization and the VTOC was corrupted.  This is not the first
time this has happened and now management wants to put controls in place
to prevent this from happening again.  They prefer some type of automation.
Has anyone else ever had this problem and how did you fix it?  Or do you have
a solution.

TIA