From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Peggy Andrews
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 10:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Drop hardware maintenance contract

We are soon at the end of a decommissioning project (very, very sad).
Our hardware maintenance contract (z800, Shark, and ATL/VTS) expires
2/1/09, but we may not be able to decommission until a few months after
that.

Does anyone have ideas on "ballpark" figures on costs associated with
hardware failures without a contract?  - i.e. a disk drive failure, vs.
a tape
drive failure, vs. any z800 failure - and on-site call rates??

I am waiting to talk to IBM directly on this, but of course my
management
wants the information NOW, so thanks for any insight...

Peggy