I suspect your ACS routines are intercepting the allocation for
TDB.SYSPROG.SYMD.CAVHPROT.CLUS and is attempting to write it to DASD.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Howard
Rifkind [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 3:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Tape Space Issue

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing on the JCL below.  Job keeps asking for a
space parameter.

//STEP1  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//RECEIVE  DD DSNAME=E18823.TDB.SYSPROG.SYMD.CAVHPROT.CLUS,
//            DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
//            UNIT=HCRT,
//            VOL=(,RETAIN,,1),
//            LABEL=(1,SL),
//            DCB=(BLKSIZE=20400,LRECL=2040,RECFM=FB)
//SYSIN  DD  *
   EXPORT-
        TDB.SYSPROG.SYMD.CAVHPROT.CLUS -
        OUTFILE(RECEIVE) -
        TEMPORARY
/*

IEF344I E18823X STEP1 RECEIVE - ALLOCATION FAILED DUE TO DATA FACILITY SYSTEM
IGD17045I SPACE NOT SPECIFIED FOR ALLOCATION OF DATA SET
TDB.SYSPROG.SYMD.CAVHPROT.CLUS

Thanks
LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately, then delete this
message and empty from your trash.