From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Knutson, Sam
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TAPE to TAPE across Sysplex local or remote

Hi,

What tools and techniques are you using to move large tape (VTS
normally) resident data sets from one Sysplex to another?

We are creating our third Sysplex and see that in this case we are going
to have data sets which are routinely created on tape in one that need
to be moved to another.

These two Sysplex may someday be geographically separated and we don't
want to use a solution like export to a tape cart and go stick it in a
different ATL.

All transfers are z/OS to z/OS only.

IBM z/OS FTP and CA-XCOM are already deployed in these LPARs but there
is discussion as to weather we need a different approach for tape data
sets.  So what do you do?

We have some IBM consultants pushing MQ

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/wmq/filetransfer/index.html

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/websphere/products/appintegration/hiddenr
isk/

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574
                (cell) 301.996.1318

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.