-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of John McKown
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:56 AM

Oh, I'm on the iSeries list because we are very likely going to convert
from
z to i towards the end of 2009. My manager has talked to a lot of shops
who
have actually done this and are very pleased. Especially since the cost
for
the same level of functionality and responsiveness is less than 1/2 the
cost
of the z/OS. My manager has indicated that the entire package being
discussed costs about the same as just the base z/OS license cost (just
z/OS
itself with no "optional" or vendor software).