Ed,
You wrote:    "I have an IBM program product (PSF V3) that won't work with
IgvInitGetmain active. I reported the "bug" years ago and they didn't
take my complaint seriously. So, I resolved that we would no longer
spend money on PSF upgrades until some incompatibility forced us to. (So
far, so good on that front.) I honestly don't know if they ever fixed
this problem in later releases. Based solely on their attitude toward my
request, I would guess not. But, stranger things have happened."

I believe you are referring to PSF APAR OA08748?  You'll be happy to know
that OA08748 (which was FIN), was incorporated into PSF V4R1 (and is also in
the latest PSF - V4R2).  Your "complaint" did pay off, just took a while :).
 Time to move to V4??

-Marna WALLE
z/OS System Build and Instal
IBM Poughkeepsie