----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Merritt" <hmerr...@jackhenry.com>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:28 PM
Subject: SDSF Security

My operations folks would like to use the SR panel to manage WTOR's. All
of the applicable  RACF profiles seem to be in place and they can issue
the replies from the LOG screen.

The error message returned is "Not authorized for cmd". Nothing else
even though WTPMSG is in effect.

Hal,

SDSF does so many RACROUTEs that it suppresses nearly all ICH408I messages for security failures. To fix this, you need to turn on the SDSF security trace (I forget the details, RTFM), run your command, turn off the trace, then look at the output. It will show you the RACROUTE call, the resource, and the return codes, so you can code up the proper PERMIT.

Regards,
Tom Conley