Good suggestions on the trace.
Could one just put RACF in warn mode, try the command and determine what
is causing the command to fail.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Pinnacle
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SDSF Security

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hal Merritt" <hmerr...@jackhenry.com>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:28 PM
Subject: SDSF Security

> My operations folks would like to use the SR panel to manage WTOR's.
All
> of the applicable  RACF profiles seem to be in place and they can
issue
> the replies from the LOG screen.
>
> The error message returned is "Not authorized for cmd". Nothing else
> even though WTPMSG is in effect.

Hal,

SDSF does so many RACROUTEs that it suppresses nearly all ICH408I
messages
for security failures.  To fix this, you need to turn on the SDSF
security
trace (I forget the details, RTFM), run your command, turn off the
trace,
then look at the output.  It will show you the RACROUTE call, the
resource,
and the return codes, so you can code up the proper PERMIT.

Regards,
Tom Conley