As always - more than one way to skin a cat.

All excellent answers and now I must dig deeper and deeper into UNIX and the
/etc folder.  I knew about the /etc/profile.  I did not know about the
/etc/init.options.  So many places so little time.  And yes, it would be nice
if IBM set it up with a single point of customization.

I will work on all of these answers and see which one works for me.

At this time, the /etc and UNIX in general has not been customized. So I am
tackling this process one step at a time.  Once I get the time sorted out, I
think I can complete the customization without any issues.

Lizette