Tommy,
It always helps if you provide the full question rather than a partial one.
That way we can help better answer your question.

So, is this a SYSTEM REXX that you are using to route a command with and
retrieve the information?  If so, when you say you get nothing back - what
does that mean?  Have you used SAY statements or TRACE function in REXX to
see how the code works?

That the stem vars are empty?  Or that you are seeing an error in SYSLOG for
your REXX or ????

Lizette