>If this is only system REXX issue, there is an example of using
>AXRMLWTO in the MVS Authorized Assembler Services Guide:
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2A881/31.
5?SHELF=IEA2BK81&DT=20080120225118

While we're at it: I once more tried to understand the advantage
of using System REXX in general and especially as shown in the
MCSOPER example. There is an asm routine establishing an EMCS
console, then calling System REXX to issue a system command,
retrieving the command response and writing it back to our
previously established EMCS console, finally the assembler code,
after returning from System REXX reads the command response from
the EMCS console.

Seems like a lot of overhead and a lot more complex than
necessary to me. Why not simply issue the command directly
from the asm code (using MGCRE)?

What (advantage) am I missing?

Is anybody using System REXX? If so, what for?

--
Peter Hunkeler
Credit Suisse