From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Edward Jaffe
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 10:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: A Techie Goes to SHARE

Warner Mach wrote:
> I happened to read IBM-Main when there was mention that,
> at the next SHARE, Sam Knutson would be doing his "Fully
> Wired Topics" presentation; and also that there would be
> sessions on the PDS and Review commands. So I will probably
> try to get to SHARE after all.
>    .
> Then I received an official mailing from SHARE that outlined
> the special presentations at SHARE, including "SOA" and
> how to virtualize everything; and I had to mentally contrast
> the reasons that I go to SHARE and the reasons put forth by
> the official SHARE publications.

This apparent conflict illustrates the real value and depth of the SHARE
program. You can come listen to seasoned professionals who still call
MVS "MVS" while, at the same time, preparing yourself for the onslaught
of cloud computing. It's win; win.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc