From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Skip Robinson
Sent: 07 January 2009 19:38
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: MVS 4 minute 'outage'

We have a waxing and waning 'freeze' problem that occurs in synch with
our
SMF/RMF recording interval. Nothing approaching four minutes, but
disturbingly long. A couple of points:

-- If the freeze was one time only and not chronic, it's probably not
SMF/RMF
-- Based on our experience, good luck in gathering doc. If the whole
system
is frozen, who can 'take notes' while in a coma?

In any case, please keep us updated.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson