From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Lester, Bob
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SMS and System Temporary Datasets

Hi Ted,

  I do have other SMS-managed data.  I'm just doing the conversion a bit
backwards. ;-)

  I can see that the issue, in my current environment, is that I tell
VAM (CA-Allocate) to bail out of it's ASR (EXIT CODE(0)) if it sees a
non-null Storage Class.  We are hoping to be able to eliminate VAM from
the mix.  My intent with the "extent problem" is to identify which dsns
are being twiddled by VAM and (for System Temporary dsns) update the
space allocation in the JCL.  For permanent dsns being change by VAM, I
can either change the JCL to specify data class, or let SMS just add
additional volumes.

  Thanks for the reply!  Sounds like SMS-managed System Temporary files
is a good thing.

BobL

------
This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or
disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds
may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the
content of all email communications.
======