Recently, I ran a zSecure Audit MVS Tables status scan and one of its findings was the following:

Instruction scan hit, Updated using SVCUPDTE, Installation-defined SVCno, Caller may be unauthorized Pri SVC ES# APF Function Appl U Sf Last update From Where 24 255 No 1 A1 0009D1B0 PVT Index Address Where Key SP ScanIns Length AM Entry at Same addr as Eye catchers CN 04FE1DB8 EPLPA M 584 31 EJESSVC .EJESSVC ..092720071430LICENSED MATERIAL, PROPERTY OF PHOENIX SOFTWARE INTERNATIONAL -- COPYRIGHT (C) 1990-2007..kx4.. O 0192EBA4 ENUC RO 2389 31 IGCERROR in IEANUC01 SVC 38 .. 0o.. I 00E240E8 PLPA 8 24 IGC0025E ..0414
 Index   Typ APF ESR Att Locks
 Current 3/4 No  No
 Old       2 No  No
 Expect              ??? ???
 Instruction/Str/SVC scan results
 ModeSupRB   No

The output format is probably getting messed up a little by all the reformatting done before this posting hits the discussion list but I hope you'll still get the point.

My question now is, and maybe Ed Jaffe can take a look at that, what is this SVC doing that it gets such bad press from zSecure? I neither have the source code of this SVC nor am I among the chosen few who can judge the security and integrity of SVCs and other authorized code. However, we need to know if there is an issue here.
--
Ulrich

--
Ulrich Boche