Ulrich Boche wrote:
Recently, I ran a zSecure Audit MVS Tables status scan and one of its findings was the following:

I have never heard of zSecure.

My question now is, and maybe Ed Jaffe can take a look at that, what is this SVC doing that it gets such bad press from zSecure? I neither have the source code of this SVC nor am I among the chosen few who can judge the security and integrity of SVCs and other authorized code. However, we need to know if there is an issue here.

Here is an excerpt from our system integrity statement:

"(E)JES maintains MVS system integrity using key controlled storage protection, TCB dispatchability management, locking, and other facilities provided by the operating system to ensure users and programs: o cannot bypass the hardware isolation functions that protect other users or programs
o cannot obtain control in an authorized execution state
o cannot bypass the system-level security functions provided by IBMs Security Server (RACF) or OEM equivalent product

Phoenix Software International began using these programming techniques for (E)JES in 1993. Our commitment to MVS system integrity has remained unchanged since that time.

Any MVS system integrity exposure found by our customers will be resolved as a high-severity problem by Phoenix Software International."

If you would like me to send a letter containing this system integrity statement, please send me the contact details off-list.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc