It is correct that several of the parameters are obsolete.  So if you
want to cleanup your IEAOPTxx member, check the "Tuning and Installation
Guide" and "Tuning and Installation Reference" to see what ones aren't
there anymore.  However, the system will just ignore the obsolete
parameters.

The change for RMPTTOM is that with z/OS 1.9 that system now uses the
value of 3000 for faster processors.  If you have a z9 or z10, or even a
z990 (I think), you'll have the "faster" processor.  However, you have
RMPTTOM=4000, so if you want to use that value you'll need to include
it.  If you're willing to go to 3000 then take it out and use the
default.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

*/
> >CNTCLIST=NO,                 /* CLIST SINGLE TRANS ?      (DEFAULT)
*/
> >CPENABLE=(0,0),              /* I/O ENABLE                (DEFAULT)
*/
> >DVIO=NO,                     /* DIRECTED VIO ?
*/
> >ERV=500,                     /* ENQUEUE RESIDENCE VALUE   (DEFAULT)
*/
> >ESCTSWTC(2)=350,             /* EXPANDED STORAGE CRITERIA FOR TSO
*/
> >ESCTSWWS(2)=350,             /* EXPANDED STORAGE CRITERIA FOR TSO
*/
> >LSCTMTE=(1,15),              /* THINK TIME -- LOGICAL SWAP
*/
> >RCCCPUT=(105,128),           /* CPU UTILIZATION (FILL 'ER UP GAZ
9/22*/
> >RCCUICT=(2,4)                /* UIC THRESHOLD             (DEFAULT)
*/
> >RMPTTOM=4000                 /* DEFAULT IS 1000 REPORTS AS (18432)
*/

> >Comments are most welcome.
>
> Did you try looking at the init & tuning guide at all? Many of these
> are obsolete.
>
> No more expanded storage.  Those parms are obsolete since you've been
> running 64-bit (perhaps as early as OS/390 2.10 ).   Certainly gone
> with the ability to run 31-bit after z/OS 1.4.  Lose 'em.
>
> LSCTMTE - obsolete (since 1.8) - lose it.
>
> CCCSIGUR - obsolete since goal mode, lose it.
> RCCCPUT  - obsolete since goal mode, lose it.
>
> RCCUICT - obsolete (since 1.8),  lose it.
>
> RMPTTOM - the only place I use a non-default is my sandbox.  There was
> a reason to set it for a while on "fast" boxes (z990 perhaps, z9), but
> IBM made some changes.  There have been past discussions on this.
> Search the archives.
>

> --
> Mark Zelden
> Sr. Software and Systems Architect - z/OS Team Lead
> Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group - ZFUS G-ITO
> mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com
> z/OS Systems Programming expert at
> http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/
> Mark's MVS Utilities: http://home.flash.net/~mzelden/mvsutil.html

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.