On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:12:50 -0600, Joe D'Alessandro
<joseph.d'alessan...@fiserv.com> wrote:

>Hi:
>Just to clarify:  I believe the lengths of these fields are static.  And
the LID is
>8 bytes long in the delivered product.  Some of us have 8 bytes LIDs (for CICS
>or other non-TSO users).  I am not sure what "static" meant in the chart
>(values)?

That was my attempt to figure out what Shmuel wanted.  Static meant defined
to ACF2 when the LID was created.   I used "dynamic" for the jobname,
because he wants that filled in dynamically when the job runs.  Hence the
subject line "populating the UID string from the job name".

>In any case, we are talking about a UID string that is to look like this:
>
>Field            Len
>-----------  ----
>DIVISION       2
>DEPARTMENT  3
>FUNCTION      3
>JOBNAME      1-8
>LOGONID      1-8

<snip>

>It is an interesting idea to add JOBNAME to a resource rule (after all, one
>could always code ******** in the rules if it was to be ignored, or a partial
>name like PROD**** for grouping jobs by that LID).

<snip>

Yes, interesting... but can it be done?

>The pieces that need to be changed are the ACFFDR, the LIDs and then all of
>the rules in both dataset and resource databases.
<snip>

So how would you get the jobname into the CFDE / UID dynamically?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com