Vince,

I am not sure about the z11 designation, but I have heard the same. At several occasions IBM people have talked about the fact that the next generation of system would be water cooled (again) due to heat issues. I guess it is the price to pay for the higher speed chips and denser memory chips.

Sincerely,
Thomas Dunlap
Vince Getgood wrote:
Hi all,
I've heard a rumor / picked up a sniff that the Z11 is likely to be water cooled / have a water cooled component.

Anybody know any more?

TIA

Have A Great Day!,
Thomas Dunlap    Chief Technology Officer    t...@themisinc.com