Peter,
   You are correct that some of the 9672's had "water cooling". It started at
the top of the range (cannot remember which model). If I remember correctly it
was used for all models on later ranges. I could find out if anyone wants to
know.

   I put "water cooled" in quotes because it depends what you mean.

   There is the case of a water enclosed system that chills the air before it
is passed over the CPU s. This can be called water cooled, but no water passes
to the CPU packaging. This is what appeared in the 9672's.

   This compares to the old "water cooled" processors, like 3090's, where the
water actually flows through the CP module. I am not aware of anything like
this being used on the latest processors.

   It depends if you would really call the first a water cooled system.

   The rumour needs to be clarified on what exactly they are implying.

   If I have time I will research and give the full picture.

Terry Draper
zSeries Performance Consultant
w...@btopenworld.com
mobile:  +966 556730876