On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:55:49 -0600, Hal Merritt <hmerr...@jackhenry.com> wrote:

>I'm slogging through the FM's hunting for a definitive, official list of
cipher suites supported by z/os 1.7 and 1.9. It seems that the lists in the
Redbooks are in error. As are some of the FM's.

Assuming you have an application that is using the System SSL function of
z/OS (or the Application Transparent TLS function of z/OS Communications
Server, which uses System SSL):

(a) z/OS R7:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/gska1a30/6.12?SHELF=EZ2ZO10G&DT=20040714151143
or http://preview.tinyurl.com/bu7tmy

(b) z/OS R9:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/GSKA1A50/6.12?SHELF=EZ2ZO10K&DT=20070508220341
or http://preview.tinyurl.com/bt4fy8

If you have an application with its own SSL support (e.g., Java via
JSSE/JSSE2) or Websphere Application Server you need to look at their
documentation (pointers previously provided here on IBM-MAIN, I believe).
--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design