Great tip!! Thanks.

I can use that even though I'm using only RACF?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Patrick O'Keefe
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: TLS Cipher Suites

 ..snip

In addition to those manuals, you may want to crank up GSKSRVR
and issue F GSKSRVR,DISPLAY CRYPTO

This will show you what encryption and hashing algorithms are
supported by System SSL in software and which, if any, are
supported by hardware (crypto engines and CPACF instructions).
You have to manually translate the algorithm names into cipher
suite numbers (which means you need to get the name associated
with each cipher suite number, but Google is your friend for that).

Armed with that information you can give you tell your servers to
preferentially pick cipher suites supported by hardware.

Pat O'Keefe

intended
information.
distribution