Hi Folks,

As a zOS syprog with 20+ years in MVS, I'm trying to find out if the products
that we used to use for control/monitoring/automation back in the day, are
still around now that we have gone/are going Distributed/Open Systems.

Well, not specifically if they are still around, I can see from the vendor
websites that they are. I suppose I'm more interested in, are they still widely
used.

Do CA, BMC and other vendors of monitoring/control/automation products still
have a sizeable share of the IBM Mainframe market or has Tivoli taken over?

A lot of the products I used, Omegamon, Netview, OPC, etc have now all been
rebranded as Tivoli so pretty much every site I come across has Tivoli. Does
that mean they just have one or two products and still use other vendors?

I sort of moved away from the Operational side of things and got sidetracked
in DASD performance, GPDS and VSAM RLS. Now working for a software
company and not the large Banking Data Centre where I used to roam, I don't
have the option of just walking over the corridor and talking to the Automation
Team or chatting with the Ops Shift Leader.

Am I wrong in assuming that if Tivoli can monitor our application (running on
WAS, USS and DB2/MQ on Z) then the appropriate CA or BMC product can too?

Many thanks for any/all comments.

Rob