I have read the manuals but I am still not clear on the use of automove vs.
noautomove.

My Unix envrionment on z/OS V1.9 is one system/one set of UNIX files.  So, yes,
I have a lot of duplicated files.

However, from time to time I notice I will see the following message in SYSLOG

IGW026I HFS FILE SYSTEM: SYS1.SPG7.OMVS.DB2V91.SDSNAHFS 202
MOUNT REQUEST FAILED, RESOURCE HELD EXCLUSIVE ON: SPG7
RESOURCE HOLDER: OMVS     ASID: X000E TCB: X009DB360

I am thinking that I should add NOAUTOMOVE to the MOUNT statement in BPXPRMxx
for these files - because they truely cannot move.

Am I correct in this thought?

If I could get to a SYSPLEX ROOT, then I would be using a different approach.
However, it is not there yet.

Lizette