From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Automove vs Noautomove in BPXPRMxx

Basically these are system specific OMVS data sets.  They would not be
mounted on any other system because that system already has these files.
I will look at UNMOUNT, however, there is no one trying to move these
files.
It looks to me to be the system trying to do this.  I get an IGW026I
indicating the system tried to mount LPAR1 dataset on LPAR2 but could
not because it was already in use.

It is just strange to me that the system is trying to mount a file it
should not care about.

>From my SMPE environment I have the ZOS19.OMVS.JV390 dataset.  I then
copy it as SYS1.OMVS.JV390.LPAR1 and SYS1.OMVS.JV390.LPAR2 and so forth.
So I have 5 copies of the smpe JV390 dataset.  For some reason during
its run time, the operating system seems to feel the need to mount this
dataset (say
SYS1.OMVS.JV390.LPAR1) on LPAR2.  But LPAR2 already has this data set
mounted as SYS.OMVS.JV390.LPAR2, and LPAR1 is not down and still has
SYS1.OMVS.JV390.LPAR1 mounted.  It is then I see the IGW026I message.

Lizette

> If that is your scenario then you should be using 'unmount' for the
> automove parameter. Noautomove can still leave entries in the global
> mount table for these filesystems even though the system is down. That

> is usually not a big issue unless you have the need to mount them on
> another system for some reason (maintenance or problem determination,
> etc).
>

> I have th 5 lpars.  Each one has its own set of OMVS datasets.
>
> For example Lpar1 has SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.LPAR1, SYS1.OMVS.JV390.LPAR1,
> SYS1.OMVS.SGIYROOT.LPAR1 and so on.
> Lpar2 has a duplicate set of files that end with LPAR2 rather LPAR1
> And so forth.
>
> I see in syslog that the LPAR2 gets an IGW026I message trying to mount

> the
> LPAR1 dataset.  This is not needed nor required.  Each system has its
> own set.
>
> I was thinking that setting the files to NOAUTOMOVE would prevent
> another system from trying to mount them.
>
> Lizette
>

> > On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:20:11 -0500, Lizette Koehler
> > <stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have read the manuals but I am still not clear on the use of
> > >automove
> vs.
> > noautomove.
> > >
> > >My Unix envrionment on z/OS V1.9 is one system/one set of UNIX
files.
> So,
> > yes, I have a lot of duplicated files.
> > >
> > >However, from time to time I notice I will see the following
> > >message in
> SYSLOG
> > >
> > >IGW026I HFS FILE SYSTEM: SYS1.SPG7.OMVS.DB2V91.SDSNAHFS 202 MOUNT
> > >REQUEST FAILED, RESOURCE HELD EXCLUSIVE ON: SPG7
> > >RESOURCE HOLDER: OMVS     ASID: X000E TCB: X009DB360
> > >
> > >I am thinking that I should add NOAUTOMOVE to the MOUNT statement
> > >in
> > BPXPRMxx for these files - because they truely cannot move.
> > >
> > >Am I correct in this thought?
> > >
> > >If I could get to a SYSPLEX ROOT, then I would be using a different
> > approach.  However, it is not there yet.
> > >

> > Since you are not using a shared file system, automove is not
> relevant.
> >
> > Are you saying you have the same data set name but 2 physically
> > different
> file
> > systems mounted, but they are in the same sysplex / grsplex?  That
> > would be a problem - unless you excluded SYSZDSN - which is there to

> > protect you from mounting the same file system R/W on 2 LPARs in the

> > plex when you aren't using a shared file system.
> >
> > Or do I not understand the issue?

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna