On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:28:58 -0700, Roger Bolan <rbo...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>Spamming can cause this.  Once, a long time ago, a customer was unable to
>receive any email from me.  We found out that their site was automatically
>blocking all email from IBM because they said they had been spammed from
>our domain.  I don't know if there had really been an infected machine
>inside IBM, or if somebody outside had just successfully spoofed the
>sending domain.

Antispam and security systems can cause this very easily in any shop
Tuning has to be done and exception list have to be maintained.
If you adjust the massmail parm too low your system may reject a newsletter
from IBM(it is an example)
Because the antispam screening cannot make the difference between 200
identical incoming spam mails and 300 identical incoming newsletter for the
announcement of system W .
On the other hand if you adjust at 350... then you let some spam through
The exclude list also can be tricky on web access. (i remember not being
able to look at sites speaking about DB2 propagator)
The reason was that our subscribed list was mentioning *gator* as a spyware.
When you receive 2 or 3000 attacks per hour , you need an automated system
And automation as sophisticated as it may be has its limit because the
spammer are very clever and moving fast .
Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr