Hal Merritt wrote:
We are trying to set up a TLS FTP with a customer with us as client.  The
customer's software vendor seems to be baffled.

Any Windows based TLS/SSL FTP server software that works for you for exchanges
with z/os? For example, one of our customers is using a product from Momentum
that seems to be working just fine.

Ipswitch has WS_FTP Professional which has both client and server products. I'm using the WS_FTP Professional client since a long time. It is working quite well with z/OS FTP servers (better than many other clients I have tried). I have no experience with their server products, I can just extrapolate my good experience with the client product.

The only disadvantage of the WS_FTP client is that it does not support the MSCAPI and the Windows certificate store, you need to import all certificates in WS_FTP's own certificate store. Don't know if the server has the same shortcoming.
--
Ulrich Boche
SVA GmbH, Germany