Hal,
any answers you get are the theorie. The praxis looks a bit different. I
made some analysis over the last weeks to understand how MSUs are
distributed under capping. Sometimes it works like expected, but there are
also times where
- one lpar gets much more than expected,
- the sum of group MSUs is significantly over the group limit,
- capping is on although the group limit isn't reached
- just one (of two) lpar is capped (what rules are then active?)
Probably this phenomenons are caused by the pretty small capacity each
lpar has (40 MSUs and 12 MSUs on a 1202 MSU machine), so the granularity
is too fine.

Werner Kuehnel

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> schrieb am 04.03.2009
20:33:50: