IIRC, the z10 HMCs no longer support token ring. I thought they were
TCP/IP only.
Not sure if that came in w/the z/9 or the z/10.

HTH,

<snip>
Any idea what protocol is used on the z/10 HMC / SE LAN? My CE wasn't
sure, but he was thinking it was -not- TCP/IP.

My network folks want to replace the IBM supplied Ethernet switch with a
firewall/router  appliance.  The business need is to access the web
server on the HMC for remote operation, and the way we did that on the
outgoing machine was to  just tap into that LAN. I'd prefer we kept out
of that LAN and use the second NIC on the HMC.
</snip>