Like someone already said, since 1.6, it's best to delay doing the
templates until all systems are at the new level. RACF loads the newer
templates at initialization and reports in syslog.
  Once, way back when, OS390 2.7 maybe, we did the update, broke IRRBU00
and automatically deleted most ids in our database. :( Fortunately, I
noticed on a Saturday and restored it before much had happened. :)

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University