From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Bonno, Tuco
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 12:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: one IKJEFT01 job, 2 outputs in sdsf - why?

cross-posting to ibm-main, mvs-oe

running z/os 1.9

when I run this job:

  //tucopgp1   job    … msgclass=x …..

//abc exec pgm=IKJEFT01

//sysexec dd disp=shr, dsn=sys1.sbpxexec

//systsprt dd sysout=*

//systsin dd *

OSHELL  ls –la  /etc/  | cat

the output shows up as TWO entries in sdsf  each w/ the same jobname and jobid:

(e.g.,)

tucopgp1    job10694    …..   <tot-rec = 85 >

tucopgp1    job10694   …..    <tot-rec =90 >

the 90-line item is the conventional jes2 stuff (log, msg-s, jcl, systsprt) ;

the 85-line item contains the output proper of the omvs “cat” command.

what should I add to my jcl to have all the ouput conflated into just one item
in sdsf ?

thank you.

/s/ tuco bonno

graduate, College of Conflict Management

University of Southeast Asia

"I partied on the Ho Chi Minh Trail -- tiến lên ! "