Use AOPBATCH or DTLSPAWN and you can use a spool file with STDIN and normal
shell continuation syntax:

//STDIN DD *
  foo  arg1  \
        arg2  \
        ag3

With DTLSPAWN, you can also set shell variables via JCL parms:

// EXEC DTLSPAWN,ARG='a=my.dsn b=your.dsn'
//STDIN DD *
   echo variable a is &a and b is &b
   foo &a &b
//

With either AOPBATCH or DTLSPAWN, you can also put a shell script in an HFS
file rather than a STDIN spool file.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com