Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] Im Auftrag
von Art Celestini
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. März 2009 02:05
An: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Betreff: Re: EMC Centera for HSM?

 From what I know of the Centera, I doubt if HSM has any code that talks to
the "native" Centera interface (via EMC's SDK).  So, it would seem that a
hardware adapter like the BusTek MDL would be needed to make the Centera
look like an array of tape devices and volumes, which would then be used
just like normal tape by HSM.

I would think that EMC could provide some references.  If not, what about
BusTech?

At 07:29 PM 3/9/2009, Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:

>Two have a Centerra? One is using it? Does that mean neither are using it
for
>HSM? Would like to get in touch with someone who is doing it? So far just
>getting responses from people who know someone who might be doing it.
>
>Broker the person who is and I will steer them to someone who wants to. I'm

>not really interested in being in the middle, nor talking to someone who
wants
>to sell me something (nor does the person I am trying to help want to be
sold
>some other solution).

Art Celestini       Celestini Development Services
Phone: 201-670-1674                    Wyckoff, NJ
Mail sent to the "From" address  used in this post
will be rejected by our server.   Please send off-
list email to:  ibmmain<at-sign>celestini<dot>com.