On 11 Mar 2009 14:27:46 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>We have a WEB application that is invoking a CICS application via CICS
>CTG via an MQ queue that  starts the request in CICS. This application
>then does a request to update to an IMS database via DBCNTL and an local
>access to DB2 sub-system which is using a DB2 database alias to request
>a remote update to a DB2 sub-system on a different LPAR. We are running
>under zOS 1.9, CICS 2.3 and DB2 8.1( compatibility only) the application
>is using Enterprise COBOL v4.1. The application is getting a AD2Q abend
>some of the time, but is working at times.  Has anyone experienced this
>type of storage corruption.  When we get this abend that indicates a
>parm list corruption, we are forced to recycle the CICS region. This
>memory corruption in the CICS region produces an truncation dump and a
>SVC memory corruption dump.  The region then begins to get abends in
>other application until we cycle the region to clean up the storage
>corruption.  We are not running storage protection on the corrupted CICS
>region because of other applications running in the region which are
>prevent us from doing so. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My first response would be to isolate this application into its own
region until the problem is solved.  If the problem doesn't occur when
this is in a separate region then the question arises as to whether it
is a victim.  The other thing that hits me is that the Web application
may not be fully checking the data it sends and thus corrupting the
process.  This from a basically batch COBOL programmer who has done
some CICS, IMS and DB2 and who was an MVS systems programmer.