RECEIVE
> ORDER act like your userid in ShopzSeries, and allows your RECEIVE
ORDER
> batch job to interact with ShopzSeries (and IBM's back end systems)
just
> like your userid can interact with the ShopzSeries web site directly.

We do / have done all that already.

> This entire process has absolutely no connection or relationship with
> IBMLink.  Or at least that's how I understand it.

I hope that's the case, and is what I'm trying to verify.

Our shop is in "serious cost-cutting" mode, and toward that end we're
evaluating "downgrading" from SoftwareXcel Extended to either Basic, or
Resolve.  Aside from ordering "packaged" service (RSU, etc.) via
ShopzSeries (and now RECEIVE ORDER), we've found we don't use any of the
other "Extended" features.

This document <http://www.vm.ibm.com/service/zmatrix.pdf> is what's
causing us confusion and consternation, for it seems to imply that if we
"downgrade" from Extended (aka Enterprise Edition), we would lose our
entitlement to order "packaged" service via ShopzSeries (and by
extension, via RECEIVE ORDER), even though ShopzSeries is not mentioned
by name in that document.

Sometimes it appears that even IBM doesn't know what IBM is talking
about.  :-(

    -jc-