>NODE(nn)  since it was originally setup non-shared...and the NAME= not
>matching anything other than the APPL and LOGON for that system..
>would it have any use ??
>Since NODE(1)>> OWNNODE is now both the same ??

Yes. Node(1) tells JES2 which what symbolic name you want for the MAS.

It's been a long time since I dealt with connecting JES2 networks, but as I
remember it, the name for your node should be relatively unique if you ever
expect to connect multiple networks together - more important when those
networks belong to other organizations than when they belong to a single
conglomerate. You can avoid a lot of confusion that way.

My personal recommendation for node names is to use the company name or
stock id along with a numeric or location reference. Your chances of running
into duplicate network names are greatly reduced.

<begin ramble>

For example, suppose you choose 'SYSA' as your node name and VTAM
APPLID. Then suppose CompanyX wants to connect to your network to allow
JES2 to send reports to them directly, but CompanyX also selected 'SYSA' as
their node name and APPLID. One of you would have to change. Not so bad
with single-node networks.

Worse, suppose you already connected to dozens of other JES2 networks
owned by other companies, and your node name and applid were 'NEWYORK'.
Then you run into CompanyZ, which also has multiple connected JES2 systems
with many other companies, one of which also elected to use the node
name 'NEWYORK'.

<end ramble>