On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:30:49 +0800, Tommy Tsui <tommyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I checked with GRSMON, there is nothing resource enqueue and can't
>delete the file with rc IEC1611 rc=52 SFI=009 . Is there any way to
>delete the VSAM file?
>
>009        SUBTSKMS - First open of a data set, not connecting,
> OUTPUT or DISP=OLD, SHR=1,x. Cannot get exclusive
> control of the I resource. Another ACB is already open
> to the data set.
>

>Thanks and regards

Assuming I'm still functional (iffy on that right now), this reminds of a
problem we used to have as well. If this VSAM file is a "base cluster", then
it is possible that somebody has it open via an Alternate Index. In this
case, the base cluster is implicitly allocated to the job, but does not show
up as allocated. And when you tried to delete it, you get a "dataset in use"
type error.

We test for this by entering the z/OS command:

D GRS,RES=(SYSVSAM,vsam.data.set.name)

--
John