issue command  D SYMBOLS

and see MVS JCL reference

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Johnson Jr., Donald E
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Using system variables in JCL

I have had someone ask me a question that I could not answer directly,
and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

How can I determine what system variables are available for use in JCL
DSN statements? For example, I know that I can use &SYSUID, but it seems
that other variables like &JOBNAME, &YYMMDD, &DATE are not valid.

Is there somewhere I can look to use these other variables, or to find
out what is available?

Thanks!

Don

Don Johnson

CA

Sr. Support Engineer

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be privileged
and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, please delete this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
and notify the sender immediately.