Matt,

Are you going to shutdown the system you accidentally updated?  If I
understand your situation, it seems like maybe you dug yourself a hole
here.  You have two things going on here:  1) your apply updated some
traditional datasets probably the ones you expected that are not
currently in use.  2) your apply also updated currently running
production HFS/ZFS datasets that match some prior SMPE target zone.

So, it seems like you need to 1) restore your SMPE environment and
associated target/dlib's so you can "start over"

But More importantly,

2) you need to restore your live HFS/ZFS datasets from some other backup
of your live environment.  Unless of course you know that your current
SMPE environment prior to your application of maintenance is the same as
what is in production today.

BTW, if you need to restore your live HFS/ZFS datasets, depending on
your environment, you need to stop using those live datasets by shutting
down, or restore them to a new name, and re-iPl your systems on those
new names.

Once you get this cleared up, this is probably a good time to think
about running with your IBM supplied HFS/ZFS filesystems read only.

Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Services
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB1G
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.8497